Homemade Hair Mask For Dry Hair.
All you need is:
- 1 Banana – ‘Bananas are great for your hair and scalp. They improve manageability and shine, prevent and control dandruff, and moistureise your scalp. Bananas are rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins which help soften the hair and protect the hair’s natural elasticity, preventing split ends and breakage.’
- 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil – ‘The oil can moisturise the scalp and maybe a dandruff remedy. Jojoba is rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish hair, including vitamin C, B vitamins. vitamin E, copper and zinc. Because it strengthens hair, it is also thought that jojoba oil can prevent hair loss and promite hair thickness.’
- 1 Avocado – ‘Avocado oil is extremely rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats, making it one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft and moisturise your hair, rather than sitting on top and coating your hair. These fats also strengthen the hair shaft and help prevent breakage.’
Mush them together in a bowl until they have formed a paste and smother is all over your hair starting at the roots.
Tie your hair up in a bun with bobby pins for an hour.
Rinse out with warm water and finish with a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner (I love Kerastase but here’s a list of the top 10)
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Color Lustre Sulfate Free Shampoo.
- Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’ss Invisible Oil Shampoo
- Kerastase Aura Botanica Bain Shampoo
- Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Shampoo
- Cantu Shea Butter – For Natural Hair Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
- Pureology Fullfyl Colour Care Shampoo
- Grow Gorgeous Repair Shampoo
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Weightless Shampoo
Finally, allow your hair to dry naturally in a T-shirt rather than a towel (I like to steal my husbands’ for added satisfaction).
Try it yourself and let me know what you think! Before and after photos are always welcome @Niall.Fitness on Instagram!
Many thanks to @purejojoba for the inspiration.
– Anna xx