Monday 10th October is World Mental Health Day in 2022. It’s extremely important for everyone to make time for their mental health, acknowledge it and support it and as your personal trainer in Wimbledon, I’m a big fan of using exercise to support your mental health and wellbeing initiatives.
Here’s my guide of how you can tackle mental health this month and beyond:
- The Mental Health Foundation is promoting a 12,000 steps a day challenge during November. 12,000 steps can sound like a lot, but most of them can even be achieved on your daily dog walking expeditions. You can complete the challenge as part of a team or with your personal trainer, Wimbledon 😉
- Consider what part your diet has to play in a more positive outlook for your mental health. As a personal trainer in Wimbledon, I can help you take a look at nutritional factors that will make a difference.
- Thrill seeking is not for the faint-hearted, but it can push you out of your comfort zone if that’s something you feel like you can and want to do. Anything from a skydive to abseiling or a big trek, just take your personal trainer in Wimbledon along for the ride with you!
- Physical exercise is an effective way to relieve stress so whatever the cause of the stress you might be experiencing, moving your body can really help to reduce this, even when it’s the last thing you feel like doing.
- As a personal trainer, Wimbledon, I often work with my clients on setting goals. Setting targets for yourself to reach is an excellent way to focus your mind on something positive for yourself and a great way to pat yourself on the back when they are achieved.